At JOC Consulting we’re excited to be working with Newcastle City Council on their Smart City Strategy. Last year we delivered the community and stakeholder engagement and this year we’re helping facilitate a series of ‘Innovation Quarterly’ (IQ) events.
IQ is an open platform for sharing ideas, developments, networking and building strong collaboration and cross-sectoral networking. It’s also a great way to continue the conversation beyond initial engagement and promote Newcastle and the Hunter as Australia’s newest smart city and region.
The first IQ event, Talk, was held at the Civic Theatre (Newcastle) and featured a panel of champions behind the initiative, including:
- Dr Sarah Pearson, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Industry Engagement & Innovation, University of Newcastle
- Michael Neilson – Executive Manager, Newcastle NOW
- James Vidler – President, Hunter DiGiT
- Professor Kevin Hall – Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Innovation), University of Newcastle
- Dr Nathaniel Bavinton – Smart City Coordinator, Newcastle City Council
Highlights from #HunterIQ can be found below –
Click here for more information on Newcastle Smart City initiative.